To satisfy federal ADA legislation having accessibility, we should instead provide an authored transcript of each podcast episode. During my tales for Berkeley Sounds, I provide a created style of the newest transcript with pictures less than the brand new sounds pro – it will be the same stuff, but written in the appearance of a post. Here’s an example from an effective Berkeley Sounds story. Getting Berkeley Conversations, I publish brand new transcript from inside the a special overview of WordPress blogs, following relationship to they on head article. Case in point out-of a beneficial Berkeley Talks blog post.
- Into the an excellent transcript, be sure to is:
- All terms verbal. If the more than one individual talks, select the fresh new presenter when, often by-name or higher generically, like. Presenter step one, Presenter 2, etcetera.
- Most other tunes, and sounds, natural/background sound, musical
- Read more about the conditions away from electronic use of toward UC Workplace of President’s webpages.
- I use Trint (starts in the $48/month) so you’re able to transcribe my interviews for Berkeley Voices. It is pretty specific, provides go out press, allows numerous associates to join and makes it easy in order to discover certain phrases when I am writing a program.
- There are most other qualities that provide AI-produced transcripts, also Rev, Temi and you can Otter.
- Spext ($10-$21/hour) is yet another option. I haven’t used it, nonetheless it comes necessary of the Berkeley Cutting-edge Mass media Institute. It is a practically all-in-that program to possess sound discussions that gives automated transcription, voice editing and you may repurposing.
- I prefer Rev from the peoples positives ($1.25/minute) to produce transcripts for Berkeley Talks. We article the entire 30-second so you can several-time lecture transcript, thus i you prefer these to feel very accurate. I also don’t have to relate genuinely to the brand new transcript, such as for instance I really do when I’m writing a script for Berkeley Sounds.
- Additionally it is a solution to play with 3PlayMedia ($2.25/moment or straight down, if you buy a larger plan) to own video and audio transcribed. It’s an excellent UC-wide captioning seller.
Distribution so you can podcast listing
Here are a few of lists to which We have registered Berkeley Sounds and you may Berkeley Discussions. All of our podcasts take additional listings, but I love these types of as they revitalize Feed feeds more appear to, in addition they browse and you can performs an informed. Very hosting internet as well as automatically fill out their podcast to specific lists.
I’m the first ever to admit, We endeavor during the creating our very own podcasts. It is difficult, specially when there are plenty podcasts nowadays. But is some information which i heard recently that i package to adhere to:
Anybody see its podcasts organically. Needed guidance away from podcasters it believe and luxuriate in experiencing. Very, rather than extra cash and time toward paigns into Facebook otherwise most other social systems, run having other podcasts with similar content and people in order to your talk about the podcast. In exchange, you could offer its podcast into your own personal. Or, you can pay for them to bring your, if you have the fund.
Carry on since the a guest on to other’s podcasts, particularly stars manage while they are producing an alternative movie. That you don’t fundamentally actually have to talk in detail regarding your podcast, but bringing up might peak listeners’ interest and just have these to carry out a simple search and you can realize your. Whenever they end up taste it, you may have gathered good listener!
2) Tell their viewers and you can around the university
For many who currently have an audience, express their podcast pleased with him or her. Place it on the newsletter, on the webpages as well as on your own social network avenues. And, connect with almost every other practices and you may departments toward campus – eg all of us, in the Communication and you can Public Circumstances otherwise UDAR – whom should show your content.